[wp-hackers] Forum Post: cache issue

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Jan 19 00:43:30 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 19:30 -0500, David Chait wrote:
> This is a dumb question: how many hosts have safe mode on?  I would have
> expected my plugins to fail left and right (given they too create cache
> files...).
>
> And, this would obviously also nuke things like WP-Cache, right?
>
> Eeek.

Yes, it can be painful unless there is some workaround that I don't know
about.  Given the griping on php.net and elsewhere, I don't think there
is a workaround.

Some hosts are asking whether they should turn safe_mode off.  They want
to know if it buys any real added security or if it just breaks things.

Ryan