[wp-hackers] overriding the built-in cache

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Fri Jan 6 01:36:43 GMT 2006

Skippy,
You are running your plugin on the shutdown function, as I recall.
add_action('shutdown' 'your_function'); or something.

Here is the relevant code in wp-settings.php:
> function shutdown_action_hook() {
> 	wp_cache_close();
> 	do_action('shutdown');
> }
> register_shutdown_function('shutdown_action_hook');

Notice that wp_cache_close() is called before your function is run.

wp_cache_close() calls $wp_object_cache->save() which appears to take
all the changes that have been made, and writes them to the cache.
But because you do your update_option() after the saves, they don't
make it in.

Try running wp_cache_close() at the end of your shutdown function,
and see if that helps to commit the changes.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/