[wp-hackers] User Feedback and Testing

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 10:52:20 GMT 2006

> 02/01/06, John Joseph Bachir <jjb at ibiblio.org> wrote:
> But there _could_ be feature development. There are probably a good
> handful of developers with spare cycles who don't have any bugs to squash
> and would like to work on what will become 2.1 (or whatever is released in
> 6 months).

Everyone has bugs to squash as long as there are bugs around.
WordPress is still small enough such that most devs are familiar with
most of the system; anyone can fix bugs. Hence, as Ryan pointed out,
all our efforts at the moment are focused on bugfixing. After a
designated period of time, we'll move into new feature development.

But before this thread dies I'd like to bring up the points of Owen's
email in the first place.

1. Our testing isn't good enough.
2. It would be nice to have a release schedule.

Are either of these problems likely to be solved?

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net