[wp-hackers] Wordpress 1.5 downloads

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 20:18:48 GMT 2006

On 1/1/06, Elliotte Harold <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> Short version: I want the old write post page back. The new page looks
> snazzier but make sit harder to write. What I like about WordPress is
> how easy it makes it to write articles. Anything that improves the
> experience is good. Anything that detracts from it is bad.

True, but an old saw about "pleasing everyone" come to mind. You can
have your old page back but WP is not going to revert for you. The
admin menu is quite pluggable and there is nothing to prevent a plugin
from providing a replacement for any admin page. A sufficiently
brilliant plugin might be rolled into the core as a User option
checkbox.

Upgrade your core and add plugins to taste, or hang back. Is David
Chait on this list? He's an example of somebody who operated his own
fork of 1.2 until 1.5.2 was out, then undertook the arduous process of
up/sidegrading to the WP core, which by then was very stable.

Andy
http://andy.wordpress.com