[wp-hackers] Wordpress 1.5 downloads

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sun Jan 1 20:12:16 GMT 2006

Jeff Minard wrote:

> With WP you *have* all those extras, but we hide them because they are
> secondary to writing. Also, I believe that the rolled-out/in status of
> the category, excerpt, etc boxes "sticks" via cookies. (If I am wrong
> about this, I would consider it a bug.)

IMO. anything that requires a cookie is a bug. If this is a preference,
it should be saved on the server, not the client. As well as the reasons
already addressed, and the fact that cookies are completely contrary to
the web architecture, there's an additional practical problem here for
those of us who use WordPress from multiple machines, including public
one.  Any state stored on the client will be lost as I move between
machines, which I do regularly.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu