[wp-hackers] Inline documentation

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Feb 20 05:26:05 GMT 2006

On Feb 19, 2006, at 9:59 PM, Ryan Boren wrote:

> But, to each their own.  I'm fairly ambivalent as long as the
> format used makes it easy to hide inline docs in an IDE so that I
> don't have to scroll through all of it.  That's pretty easy with
> JavaDoc/PHPDoc.  I don't want to maintain it either, so maybe we
> could have an inline doc maintainer who commits updates.  And then
> a Wiki maintainer for syncing the online docs with the inline docs.

Sounds good to me.  How about an inline-docs/code-cleanup commit
person?  :-)

That person could be in charge of reviewing submitted inline-docs and
code-cleanup submissions and committing them.  They could also review
patches for other items to make sure they they conform to the coding
guidelines and have proper tab-indentation, whitespace, if ( 'foo' ==
$bar ) etc.  Sounds like menial labor, I know, but I'd love to do it.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/