[wp-hackers] Inline documentation

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 02:42:04 GMT 2006

On 2/20/06, Rob <r at robm.me.uk> wrote:
> Surely it would be more prudent to address the problems with the Codex,
> as opposed to dismissing it and moving to inline documentation?

The codex has been unstable since the day it was started, and has been
in need of fixing for a long, long time. In fact, I think this past
month may have been the best month the codex has seen, and its still
been flakey. At this point, I am convinced, considering that Matt
hasn't even been able to upgrade the codex to the latest version of
MediaWiki, it is the last place I would store anything that needs to
be seen on a regular basis.

I'm not suggesting that we dismiss the codex altogether, but rather
that we not leave something that would have otherwise been documented,
as David already has done for this particular function, out of the
inline documentation just because the information is available
elsewhere.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com