[wp-hackers] Inline documentation

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 16:53:23 GMT 2006

On 2/15/06, Rich Bowen <rbowen at rcbowen.com> wrote:
> Is there a philosophical objection to having documentation (ie,
> comments, perhaps PHPDoc) in the code that states what a given function
> does? Stated differently, if I were to submit patches containing a brief
> description of the function, as well as expected arguments and expected
> return values, would there be a chance of such patches being applied, or
> would I be better advised to use my time on other ventures?

Hi Rich,

This is the third time I remember someone bringing it up. Once
previously it was frowned upon saying it would increase the file sizes
and lead to bloat, which I don't agree with. This would be a
worthwhile project, in my opinion. Using PHPXref/PHPDoc compatible
comments would go a long way to improve readability and understanding
of the code.

Good luck in getting a response from someone with commit priviledges.

Carthik.
> --
> Rich Bowen
> rbowen at rcbowen.com