[wp-hackers] HTTP Auth/URL Rewriting

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Mon Feb 13 18:52:02 GMT 2006

PHP as a CGI (in the default configuration) is a problem for 401 auth
with PHP. The 401 auth information doesn't get passed to the PHP
runtime. There are work-arounds for this, I believe the TextDrive
guys have something cooked up for it, but they are server
configuration solutions (not something WP can implement).

Cheers,
--Alex

Personal             Business               FeedLounge
http://alexking.org  http://kingdesign.net  http://feedlounge.com