[wp-hackers] Filter Hooks for Enclosures

Evan Broder wp at ebroder.net
Mon Feb 13 15:24:14 GMT 2006

Owen Winkler wrote:
> Here's an off-the-wall suggestion...
>
> What if we built feeds as PHP objects, fed them through a filter, then
> converted the object to XML?
>
> There are some extant implementations of Object<->XML in PHP, so it
> might not be too difficult a conversion.  Manipulating the feed XML
> via DOM in a plugin would be swell.
>
> Before I continue blathering about this, how much does this idea suck?
>
> Owen
+1, Owen. We'd just have to be careful to make sure it would work with
most PHP installations, i.e., not use the domxml extension in PHP,
because a) it's not installed by default and b) it's not included in PHP5.

Maybe if we adapted something in PEAR?

Also, Owen, this deals with all of the issues you talked about on your blog.

Good idea, IMHO

- Evan