[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next [s]

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Feb 8 19:42:33 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 11:36 -0500, Scott johnson wrote:
> *Chuckle*.  Um given that even Matt himself said plugin hosting on
> wp-plugins.org was optional I wonder if this particular thread is long
> enough on this topic.  Are we just churning here?

We're having the same argument we always have.

To summarize.  Provide a Firefox style plugin manager. This would allow
plugins to be distributed from anywhere.

Locating plugins in wp-plugins will allow us to better maintain them.
Automation that looks for problems can be run, authors can be notified
of problems, and plugins can be fixed if authors cannot be tracked down.

That is all.  So, someone write a firefox style extension manager so we
can get something useful out of this thread.

Ryan