[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Tue Feb 7 21:28:15 GMT 2006

Podz wrote:
> Stewart Ugelow wrote:
>> At the risk of naievete, is there any reason that hosting on
>> wp-plugins.org and some form of official plugin testing must be one
>> and the same?
>>
>> Why not simply have a testing site where plugin authors can upload
>> their code and where plugin users can visit to see the results?
>>

> That's how I see it, and I cannot see a sensible reason why that cannot
> happen.

Just like WordPress has "issues" on some configurations, so too do some
plugins have issues stemming from configuration nuances.  So, a plugin
might work on the "blessed" test environment, then fail utterly in the
user's production environment.

Additionally, some plugins (like my subscribe2) don't lend themselves
well to quick testing.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35