[wp-hackers] Simplified Upgrade Process

Chris Lott chris.lott at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:22:04 GMT 2006

Having experienced the "I don't know why it works, but deleting all
files first seems to fix it" problem myself, I completely understand
why the help docs are so thorough.

+1 on making a simplified and then an "if you have problems" set of documents.

If deleting is going to be the norm, perhaps there needs to be some
jiggering of filenames and locations to make it easier to nuke an
existing installation while leaving the four or five folders and files
necessary alone. Change the prefix of the keeper folders and files
from wp- to wpk- or something? Then one could just nuke wp-*
recursively and be done with it.