[wp-hackers] new hooks for pingback, trackback?

sivy at godaddy.com sivy at godaddy.com
Thu Dec 21 22:02:06 GMT 2006

I'd like to propose two more hooks for Wordpress, one in pingback_ping()
and the other in wp-trackback.php.

background: http://redmonk.net/archives/2006/12/21/voteback/

The first hook would allow plugins to have access to the full text of a
hyperlink on a site that is pinging this site, before the comment is
built for a ping.

The second would allow plugins to have access to the full post data for
a trackback before the comment is built.

I don't really have recommendations for the names of the hooks, but I
thought I would put this out here for comment.

--Steve

--
Steve Ivy
production designer/pixel pusher