[wp-hackers] 2.1 Milestone

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 06:43:44 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 17:46 -0800, Ryan Boren wrote:
> Does the plugin work with xmlrpc posting?  Seems like it would already
> be having this problem when editing a post via xmlrpc.

Not sure. I presume so, because if the custom form fields aren't
present, it won't add the post meta values. That's the same as blanking
the form to remove an existing score table.

I guess if you got an existing post with a score table, and could _edit_
it with XML-RPC (after it's already been published) then the score table
would be removed, as my plugin would not be able to tell the difference
between the form fields being absent (in the case of XML-RPC posting) or
being manually blanked to remove the score tables.

Perhaps we could leave the existing save_post hook as it is, and create
a new one which is only triggered when you can guarantee that all form
fields are present.

--
Jeremy Visser
Email: jeremy.visser at gmail.com GPG id: CF13C41A