[wp-hackers] Link & post categories merge

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 02:34:54 GMT 2006

After I had upgraded my main blog to 2.1 alpha3, added some catagories for my "links", in which to be displayed in the sidebar.. those catagories were also showing on the index page, right along with the normal catagories too.

It would be nice if there was a way to have those *not show*, with the other catagories.. and even though editing theme files isn't that hard to do, it still would be nice to some how "hide" those from the index page, via the Catagory add option in the CP?

Before, my theme had:
<?php wp_list_cats('sort_column=name&hide_empty=0'); ?>

My changes were:
<?php wp_list_cats('sort_column=name&hide_empty=0&exclude=2, 4'); ?>

I'd rather not have to do that, but, if it's a must, then ok..sigh.

spencerp