[wp-hackers] get_settings or get_option ?

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Aug 27 09:36:08 GMT 2006

On Aug 24, 2006, at 8:05 PM, Charles wrote:

> In this case "deprecated" just means that the developer
> documentation steers developers toward one or the other, reducing
> confusion all around.

Would be good to reduce confusion.  Another bag of worms that is
confusing as heck is get_bloginfo().  There's also this little bit of
insanity in get_bloginfo() that has been driving me nuts for years:

> function get_bloginfo($show='') {
>
> 	switch($show) {
> 		case 'url' :
> 		case 'home' :
> 		case 'siteurl' :
> 			$output = get_settings('home');
> 			break;
> 		case 'wpurl' :
> 			$output = get_settings('siteurl');

get_bloginfo('siteurl') == get_option('home')    ?!

That's seriously dysfunctional... especially considering how many
plugin authors don't know the difference and write plugins that
assume that your WP install URL and blog URL are the same.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/