[wp-hackers] Credit Links

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Aug 14 19:30:54 GMT 2006

I know there are a lot of folks who do professional templates on this list.

One thing I'm noticing more and more when folks pay for a custom
template is that the template designer often forgets to leave some sort
of "Powered by WordPress" link. (Although they never forget a link to
their own site. ;)

Unless it'll absolutely ruin the entire design, please consider leaving
the link in somewhere. It's *not* required by the GPL license, but it's
the only promotion WordPress has. (And good karma.)

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com