[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 20:52:24 GMT 2006

On 8/7/06, Diwaker Gupta <diwaker.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > CSS, something that users can actually learn from, instead of the mess
> > that Kubrick (and Kubrick 2 even more) is.
>
> Ironically, most of the people complaining about Kubrick/K2 on this
> list are not the "average" WP user. Google doesn't show a lot of
> people publicly complaining about K2. Infact, a lot of people really
> like the default theme.

I didn't say people don't like it, and I didn't say people complain
about the look. But its when you spend time on IRC or browse the
support forum that you see the hundreds of requests for "how do I do
this with the default theme" with answers that you could write a book
about because it is a structural mess. The standard response on IRC
now for how to change colors on your Kubrick theme is simply "find
another theme and save yourself some time and trouble".

For all I care, we could remove the heavy reliability on images from
Kubrick, make it semantically correct and sensible and keep it as the
default, but at this point I think it'd be easier to use something
already out there like Sandbox.

--
--Robert Deaton