[wp-hackers] Mail list archives gone?

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Mon Aug 7 02:34:21 GMT 2006

___/ On Mon 07 Aug 2006 02:32:51 BST, [ spencerp ] wrote : \___

> http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1235/hackershs2.gif
>>
>> Clear your cache.

It  was definitely out-of-sync yesterday. Somehow it catched
up, with or without intervention (I can't think of an option
that  enables  this  [1]). FWIW, I noticed  that  very  same
behaviour   some  time  on  the  past   (consistent   across
Automattic  mailing lists). Symptoms: the archives lose that
regular  pace;  there  is lag on the mailing lists;  and  on
several  occasions there are downtimes too (last one  around
April-May).

[1]
http://www.schestowitz.com/temp/screenshots/mailman-archiving-options.png

> Ok Tony, I'll try  that again..see what happens. But, When I took
> those two screenshots there, I had already done a CTRL + F5 hard
> clear of the cache... =/  [Crosses fingers]..

Unless  you  run  some special plug-in  or  extension  (e.g.
FasterFox),  it's  hard to believe that HTTP headers from  a
/live/ archive will not expire cache immediately. Now that I
check   this  for  versification,  I  notice  an  amusing  X
header...

,----[ Headers ]
| GET /mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers HTTP/1.1
| Host: lists.automattic.com
| Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
| Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
| Keep-Alive: 300
| Connection: keep-alive
|
| HTTP/1.x 200 OK
| Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 02:29:18 GMT
| Server: Apache
| Vary: Accept-Encoding
`----

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E