[wp-hackers] WP Plugins --> was::RE: [wp-forums] questionable...

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sun Aug 6 17:18:14 GMT 2006

I don't think my original message came through:

The new plugin autoupdate and installation framework addresses most of these
issues raised in this thread in one form or the other. It allows for
install/uninstall routines that are separate from activate/deactivate, and
deal with everything from file creation to database propogation.

I've contacted Ryan about what I've got so far, I still haven't received a
reply yet, but it's shaping up beautifully. The code is very
straight-forward and simple, but it's _very_ flexible and can go a long
way... I'm trying to make the interface as simple as possible but trying my
best not to limit dev innovation or stifle 'creative' install/uninstall
routines.

Regards,
Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies