[wp-hackers] Officially supported browsers. was: Security at Wordpress

Tom Armitage tom.armitage at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 07:33:53 GMT 2006

No, that's exactly the point. There are a huge number of factors to
consider.

The "officially supported" list tells that world what you test against. If
you make what you test against public, it not only enforces the
WP-developers' duty to test against those browser - or, at least,
_someone_'s duty to do so - it also enforces your decision *not to test the
rest of them*.

It's a very important thing to have for a web project. Otherwise, the guy
running an old build of Konqueror can come up, out of the blue, and say "it
doesn't work!". If you make it clear that you only test on Konqueror verison
"foo", you can then at least say "sorry, that's an untested version. We have
tested Konqueror, but only from version "foo" on, and as such can only
support that".

It's called covering your ass, basically. It makes sense.