[wp-hackers] Questions on execute-pings.php...

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 01:59:13 GMT 2006

On 4/24/06, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now some other folks have had their fingers in the code and I don't
> know what it's doing. I hope the history lesson has some value anyway.
> :-)

/me takes his fingers out of the cake.

At any rate, its now doing the same theory of spawning off a request,
but to a unified cron schedule, which schedules pings to be run at the
exact time of the post (present or future), and they will be run at
the next hit after the time has passed (or at the time). This helps us
remove one extra file and some duplicated code.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com