[wp-hackers] Security at Wordpress

Andrew Krespanis leftjustified at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 00:14:01 GMT 2006

On 4/25/06, Owen Winkler <ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> The sample page Andrew provided is not bad, but there are still some
> issues with consistency in Safari.

Some would argue (such as Rob hinted at earlier in this thread) that
the interface is /more/ consistant because of the use of default form
controls in Safari. After all, they match every other button on ever
page Saf. users visit and are part of the operating system's
consistancy .

Apple wants their users to always know a button is a button, and that
a button is something that has implications/results [data is being
submitted]. I'd go so far as to say the reasons for Safari not
supporting <input type='submit' /> styling[1] adds weight to the
usability/UI reason for forms over links.

-Andrew

[1] I posted earlier that Safari has optional support for form element
styling. This is not quite the case; they plan to support styling of
text fields: http://webkit.opendarwin.org/blog/?p=51