[wp-hackers] WP Trashbin

Ryan Scheuermann ryan at concept64.com
Mon Apr 24 20:44:07 GMT 2006

Podz wrote:
> Rob Mientjes wrote:
>> On 24/04/06, David Chait <davebytes at comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Trash can, recycle bin, whatever should alleviate ANY potential
>>> issues with
>>> mass-deletion of posts, comments, etc.  And would improve usability
>>> for the
>>> average user (imho).  Not to mention once in a blue moon it'd be real
>>> helpful for the techies who accidentally delete a comment they
>>> didn't mean
>>> to (who, me?).
>>
>> Again a user side experience: the trash bin analogy is more than just
>> common. The extra layer is one we should consider well, but I would
>> opt for it. Many people—including me, whoops!—make mistakes, and a
>> trash bin is exactly the saviour in those cases.
>>
>> If this is one layer too much or whatever, I'm willing to accept that,
>> but every sensible option should be considered. I think that's also a
>> part of the WP development? I think it should be, anyway.
>
> http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-February/004816.html
>
> Did that before :)
>
> P.

Just thought I'd fork this discussion to a different thread.  OMG, did I
say fork?

Anyway, an idea for implementing a trash-bin in WP might be the simple
addition of post_status = deleted or comment_approved = deleted ?  We've
already separated posts, pages, attachments into post_type, so the
distinction wouldn't be hard to make code-wise...

Just a thought.

Ryan