[wp-hackers] Questions on execute-pings.php...

Angsuman Chakraborty angsuman at taragana.com
Mon Apr 24 18:36:11 GMT 2006

Hi,

I don't understand why the query in the while loop which check for _pingme rows doesn't check if the post is really ready to be pingbacked or trackbacked (at least post_date < current time).

Also I am trying to understand the real reason behind calling this code via a socket connection (instead of including it). is it merely in the hope that due to the small timeout sometimes it will fail thereby achieving the asynchronicity on pinback and trackback?

Can anyone please clarify.

Best,
Angsuman
http://blog.taragana.com/