[wp-hackers] Security at Wordpress

Ryan Duff ryan at ryanduff.net
Mon Apr 24 16:13:08 GMT 2006

Elliotte Harold wrote:
> Doug Stewart wrote:
>
>> I reiterate: you won't submit code to Trac, because you feel that you'll
>> be ingored by the devs w/commit access (a valid concern, certainly,
>> since your development priorities don't line up with Matt & Ryan's).
>> Shy of someone on the WP side of things keeping track (no pun intended)
>> of your code repo and commit logs, how is that code supposed to migrate
>> its way into the WP codebase?
>>

> It isn't. The core team has already considered and rejected a lot of the
> options I want. That's OK. It's their project. They're under no
> obligation to accept patches, and because WordPress is free software, I
> and others are free to work on the code elsewhere if we feel so
> inclined. The problem is not that I'm being ignored. It's that the
> features I want have already been considered and rejected. The only
> options left are to accept that decision or fork.

Is it just me or does it seem like every 6 months someone comes in and
makes a big deal about nothing, then when the dev team decides against
them, they threaten to fork?

Forking is not a threat!

If you don't like the direction something is going, the devs don't want
your work, Fork. Fork and shut up about it. This has to be the longest
going thread ever. Only because you keep coming back and replying with
the same thing to everyone's message.

--
Ryan Duff
http://ryanduff.net