[wp-hackers] Security at Wordpress

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Apr 24 15:31:58 GMT 2006

Doug Stewart wrote:

> I reiterate: you won't submit code to Trac, because you feel that you'll
> be ingored by the devs w/commit access (a valid concern, certainly,
> since your development priorities don't line up with Matt & Ryan's).
> Shy of someone on the WP side of things keeping track (no pun intended)
> of your code repo and commit logs, how is that code supposed to migrate
> its way into the WP codebase?

It isn't. The core team has already considered and rejected a lot of the
options I want. That's OK. It's their project. They're under no
obligation to accept patches, and because WordPress is free software, I
and others are free to work on the code elsewhere if we feel so
inclined. The problem is not that I'm being ignored. It's that the
features I want have already been considered and rejected. The only
options left are to accept that decision or fork.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu