[wp-hackers] AJAX / JS libraries

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Apr 24 15:00:49 GMT 2006

Rob wrote:
> Would it not be better to always include all of the JS? That way you
> don't have to work out which elements to include for your particular
> plugin/script, you don't end up including things twice, and there's no
> tangible increase in download times/bandwidth usage because of the caching?

Yeah, I was wondering about that.  Why are we trying to out-think
browser caching?  Using slim libraries seems like a good idea, and
including only what you need on a per-page basis seems like a good idea,
but wasting (even minimal) server resources to rebuild different
combinations of javascript that will likely each be cached separately...
  Wha?

Owen