[wp-hackers] Importing Serendipity content into Wordpress

Filip de Waard filip at filipdewaard.com
Fri Apr 21 04:28:44 GMT 2006

Hello,

As I'm a new user to Wordpress, this is my first post to this list.
I've just migrated my weblog from Serendipity to Wordpress. Because I
couldn't find any other way to get my old content into Wordpress,
I've written an import script that imports the posts and comments and
preserves the old Serendipity URI's in Wordpress.

The script is a hack - in the bad sense of the word. I needed
something quick 'n dirty and thats what it turned out to be. I've
posted the script at http://www.filipdewaard.com/personal/long-time-
no-see/ (its GNU GPL). Maybe this will help somebody else who is
planning to migrate. Additionally, it would be nice to add something
like this to Wordpress. If someone wants to use my script as a
starting point to write a more mature version or wants to port it to
the Wordpress API, I would be happy to cooperate.

Just drop me a message if you have any questions or comments about
the script.

With kind regards,

Filip de Waard
---