[wp-hackers] Release Cycle

Evan Broder wp at ebroder.net
Fri Apr 14 01:23:27 GMT 2006

The last time the release cycle came up, it was noted that estimated
release dates were listed on the Trac Roadmap. However, I'm noticing now
that there are no dates set for 2.1 or 2.5 (or some non-existent 2.0.3).

With the separation of post_type and post_status, comment_meta, and all
kinds of other goodness, I'm really excited about getting the next
version, but I don't want to run SVN trunk in a production environment.

WP 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2 were each separated by about a month, so
following the cycle, shouldn't a new release be coming out soon?

- Evan