[wp-hackers] XSL for feeds

John Keyes john at integralsource.com
Mon Apr 10 23:33:22 GMT 2006

On 4/11/06, Andrew Krespanis <leftjustified at gmail.com> wrote:
> I must be missing something here... does IE not support styling of XML with CSS?
Safari 1.3 and Firefox 1.5.0.1 support it.

> If it does, why don't we just use CSS to style the RSS feed; thereby
> killing off the need for newbies to learn another language? I don't
> know about you guys, but I found learning XSL a hell of a lot more
> daunting than learning CSS.
> It's not like people are going to need to do anything real crazy (eg:
> CSS tables via display:table; etc) with their RSS feeds, so surely CSS
> would suffice?

There are a number of resources out there available for this already:
http://www.petefreitag.com/item/208.cfm
http://interglacial.com/~sburke/stuff/pretty_rss.html

(in fact just look at these search results http://tinyurl.com/jgps4).

I've done lots of work with XSLT so I'll be able to help out with that
approach if someone needs it.  I don't have much time available but
if you want to bash questions of me, feel free.

-John K