[wp-hackers] XSL for feeds

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 12:17:32 GMT 2006

On 08/04/06, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
> Right now, support.
> We are asking theme authors to learn new code. I have no doubt some will
> but I would guess most will not. Which leaves support to fall elsewhere.
> That generates problems.....

Actually, I just had a better idea. XSLT can basically spit out
anything you want, so in our case we'd get it to spit out HTML. It
doesn't specify colours and fonts etc., that's what CSS is for. So we
have three layers:

RSS
Transformed by our XSLT sylesheet to HTML
Style by CSS

We can allow theme authors to change the CSS layer. We could also
allow them to change the middle layer as well, but in most cases this
wouldn't be necessary. This way, they don't have to know any XSLT.

As for an XSLT tutorial, http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/default.asp

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net