[wp-hackers] XSL for feeds

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Sat Apr 8 05:26:49 GMT 2006

Rob wrote:
> Could it not be done on the basis of "if theme's feed.xsl doesn't exist,
> fall back to default"? Seems fairly reasonable. We could even have some
> PHP in the XSL that displays a linkto the "Customising your XSL" Codex
> page if the user is logged in, avoiding 99% of support forum queries.

It's how the comments template is handled, so sure.

However, I seriously doubt your % on the topic of support queries. We
can provide the best links and documentation, and that will take care
of a fair number of help seekers, but nothing like 99%. But the issue
is not one of how to remove the need to support this. It's how best to
do it so supporting it is made easier. Pushing it into theme templates
I think will work for that, with a simple stylesheet (one that is well
commented!) provided along with the default theme, and no xsl handling
when a stylesheet is not located.

-Kaf