[wp-hackers] WordPress.com Support, WordPress MU support

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu Sep 22 00:09:41 GMT 2005

In the #wordpress-meetup this evening we discussed support options for
WordPress.com and WordPress MU.  Specifically the question was: should
we at wordpress.org/support/ provide support for the .com and MU variants?

It was suggested that WordPress.com be assigned its own support forum,
inside the wordpress.com domain.  A link to this support forum can be
provided from the WordPress menu bar, and the wordpress.com users could
form a community of their own, supporting one another, without causing
undue frustration in the current WordPress support forums.

The basic idea was this:
wordpress.org/support == support for WordPress, the application
mu.wordpress.org/support == support for WordPress MU, the application
wordpress.com/support == support for wordpress.com, the hosted service

This post from Ryan:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/45118#post-251167
suggests that he's thinking similarly to us, at least so far as we glean
from that post.

So, please consider this a formal request to change the links inside
*.wordpress.com/wp-admin/ to a wordpress.com support resource.  I think
it's acceptable for links to the codex to remain pointing to the codex
-- user documentation should be the same between WordPress, WordPress
MU, and wordpress.com.

Cheers,
Scott

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35