[wp-hackers] a plugin of a theme's own

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 19:51:06 GMT 2005

I have to say, I must agree with Andy. Let's not think of this as a
theme's plugin file, let's think of it as functions that can be
defined outside of the normal scope of a theme. Sure, other themes
could just include their functions at the top, but what happens when
you want to add an admin page? This is almost entirely the reason this
hook was added after months of discussion on other threads, and I
would hate to see it go because some people think that this is
something it isn't.

> I'm still not 100% sure of the reason behind allowing a theme to
> define it's own functions.

Themes could have declared their own functions before, nothing was
stopping them, now we add the functions a few steps earlier, before
the admin code, so that admin pages can be loaded. Why is everyone
freaking out?

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com