[wp-hackers] a plugin of a theme's own

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Sep 20 14:48:21 GMT 2005

If it makes it conceptually easier for people, why not have a
[theme]/plugins/ optional subfolder?  If there are files there, treat them
as 'second pass' plugins during the plugin-load process.  I think that's the
proper 'container' direction (aside from moving to an actual container, i.e.
zipped format of some sort...).  And it makes more sense than some file
named 'functions.php' in the theme folder (there's already a ton of php
files).  People would understand a folder named 'plugins', I'd think!

-d