[wp-hackers] Requesting a ban from #wordpress

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Fri Sep 16 10:51:36 GMT 2005

Robert Deaton wrote:
> Over the last few weeks we've had one person (mindamp) in #wordpress
> who has been a constant pain to everyone in #wordpress, and especially
> to a lot of the regulars.

I can handle someone not saying "thanks" when they've been helped, but
this kid is outright abusive.  He consistently demands help, and if it
doesn't work the first time -- with zero effort on his part -- he slings
insults.

Having an op in the channel would really help.

In the short term, I'd guess this kid would do whatever he could to
circumvent the block to cause trouble.  An op or two in the channel
could work to keep him out, regardless of which host or nick he uses.

This is also a strong reminder for everyone to register their nick with
freenode, and to identify themselves when logging in.  It's just a
matter of time before someone like mindamp appropriates the nick of a
regular and starts talking trash in the channel.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35