[wp-hackers] phpsuexec and .htaccess

Stefano steagl at people.it
Mon Sep 12 15:50:06 GMT 2005

Il Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:15:41 +0100, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> scrive:

>My apologies for not following this up last night.
>WP was asking the apache server "Are you apache ?"
>Bliksem has that apache server set up to say "No."
>So WP thought it was on IIS.
>Bliksem. Lacking.

Ohh really strange... i don't think that hackers will be stopped by a
server that say it's not me :) Really a strnage situation.

>Kudos to Matt for digging around, establishing the problem and then
>fixing the WP code to work around the problem.

Good to know you solved the problem, then i was right saying that
suexec was not related to .htaccess...

Nice to know that there is setup for webserver that act strange like
this one... every day we learn new stuff... and in IT world looks like
that they never ending but increase more and more every day :)

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)