[wp-hackers] phpsuexec and .htaccess

Stefano steagl at people.it
Mon Sep 12 15:08:22 GMT 2005

Il Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:49:29 +0100, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> scrive:

>Does anyone at all have WP running under phpsuexec and it DOES write to
>the .htaccess ?

I do, my hosting provider use suexec but i can have .htaccess in
directories and have it rewrited by WP. Suexec doens't means you can't
have .htaccess usually it's used to grant privileges enough to script
to work without needing to change the dir permission through CHMOD.

The problems are often related to scripts that check a dir to see if
it's writable or set special chmod that with suexec get error even if
write is possibile or chmod is ignore cause unecessary.

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)