[wp-hackers] XHTML Strict compliant replacement for target=_new

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Thu Oct 27 11:40:23 GMT 2005

Pete Prodoehl <pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com> wrote:
|  Yes, I've been very fortunate for the last few years. ;)
some people have all the luck in the world!! :(

|  It's not so much 'dumb' as ignorant. I suppose we need to educate
people
|  in this respect. I'd prefer telling people about a useful feature
over
|  catering to their ignorance. Still, being a champion of the user, I
want
|  to give them the choice of how to open new windows, not restrict that
|  choice. Time to go write a post about this I guess.
instead of calling them "ignorant", I'd call a lot of them(I've come
across) as
outright stubborn!! they simply aren't interested in learning & having
their
mistakes corrected!! they feel that what they know is right as it
*works*.
they can lick your brains out if you try to educate them, I for one
wouldn't
want to be the unfortunate one who tried to teach such people!!

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter