[wp-hackers] blog directory on the same level as pages

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:54:11 GMT 2005

On 10/26/05, Graeme Lennon <graeme at samurai.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I'm missing something, but can't you do this simply be prefixing
> your permalink structure with /blog,

Doing this will give you archives at /blog/date/title-of-post, but wouldn't
give you a blog, regular-style at /blog/

and then adding two custom rewrite

> rules to redirect /blog to /index.php, and / itself to wherever you want
> it to go (which wasn't made clear by the question)?

That would be a loop, I suppose (trying to redirect /blog to / and / to
somewhere else, that is). Besides it is not advisable to have a /index.php
and have a rewriterule for "/" thus expecting index.php to NOT be the index
file for the root directory.

Maybe what you said is just the beginning and there is a good way to do it
with only rewrite rules and a custom permalink structure prefix, but when I
tried to do what I did, my wordpress files, and blog were at
public_html/blog/ and i wanted to have the "Pages" at public_html, and the
blog at public_html/blog, along with all the wordpress "core" files.

I am not known for thinking too straight :P

Carthik.