Other Upload Types [was Re: [wp-hackers] svn / upload.php]

Chris Lott chris.lott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:16:06 GMT 2005

On 10/26/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> The upload interface on the post screen is for files that are meant to
> be attached to posts. Each file so uploaded gets recorded in wp-posts
> and becomes the object of a new post, technically called a "subpost,"
> so that it can have its own title, description and comments. While
> support for many mime types will be added, it was never meant as a
> method for uploading unblogged files to your server.

I am referring to blogged files, just types other than images... our
course manager posts course status reports with attached PDF files,
for instance.

So I guess I am asking: is the old upload feature going completely
away and, if so, will there still be a capability to upload other than
web images and link to them in posts? If not, then that is a loss of
features that kills WP for me (but I'm imagining it isn't so)...

I'm guessing the current Upload options have no effect on the
uploading in the post-composition window.