[wp-hackers] Adoption of OpenID

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Sun Oct 23 19:30:02 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
|  Jason S wrote:
|  > * NO MORE REGISTRATIONS!
|
|  The vast majority of WordPress blogs I've seen don't require
|  registration to comment, so I don't see this as that big of a deal.

right on. I've come across just 1-2 WP powered blogs that require
you to signup to comment on them & frankly I didn't bother to
comment on them. There are some pretty good anti-spam solutions
available for WordPress so registration is not required & if you don't
know, this whole process of registration has been thwarted quite a
lot by bugmenot.com
registration is for those loosers running MT which can't have anything
like SK2 to battle out the spam.

didn't you know, there was .NET Passport earlier which fell on its face,
then SixApart came out brandishing TypeKey & raving about it as if it
was a really innovative thing & best after sliced bread!! what happened?
it didn't saw the sunset, fell before it could fly, no implemented on
fairly
less blogs & on SixApart network only!!

|  I think we should sit this one out and let OpenID, Ping Identity,
|  Identity Commons, Sxip, Passport, Yahoo user API, and LID duke it out
|  for a little while. OpenID addresses a problem that is academically
|  interesting, and I mostly like the implementation, but it's not
|  something people have been saying is something they have to deal
with.

I agree, though its nothing new, its interesting but we don't require
it.
it'll be good if it could be implemented on things other than commenting
on blogs, on a broad scale as Passport was meant to be. Only then it
can be of any benefit IMHO.

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter