[wp-hackers] The next release.

Douglas Daulton apakuni at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 17:09:23 GMT 2005

I have a wordpress.com account.    And, I among of the folks who runs his
own server and can/will download 1.6 myself for testing purposes.  So, don't
take my comments to be those of a whiny end-user.

I raise this issue because I've been a user of OSS for a long time and have
seen lots of projects rise and then fall very hard because they ignore their
install base in favor of the personal whims of devs. I am not saying that is
happening to WP ... yet, but I am suggesting ways to make sure that it does
not happen.

I love WP.  I use it as the back bone of about 10 sites and should see it
grow into another 10 my mid-2006. So, take the advice or dismiss it out of
hand.  If WP stumbles and falls, the OSS dev environment will grow a bigger,
better replacement with a clean and simple migration UI to grab former WP
users.  This much I know from experience.

Doug