[wp-hackers] RSS Feed for Archives, Is it needed?

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sun Oct 23 12:27:26 GMT 2005

_____/ On Sun 23 Oct 2005 10:25:49 BST, [Mani Monajjemi] wrote : \_____

> Dear friends,
>
> Last night I've just added some features to WP1.6 function. I added some
> tags to wp_get_archives like *feed* & *feed_image* just like wp_list_cats,
> now if you use those tags and RSS link will apear after Monthly, Daily &
> weekly archives , after 3 hours of coding and finishing the job , I thought
> is it really neccessary ? Should I submit the code to wordpress trac?
>
> PS. There's aboolutley no bug in new functions and they work well.

Comprehensive feeds, such as the ones you describe, can be useful for what we
have come to know as Google Sitemap. The input XML might soon be supported by
other search engines too (if not already so).

Having said that, there is an existing implementation of XML sitemaps for
WordPress. It must be lying about somewhere as it was announced in this list
only days after Google Sitemaps had been introduced.

Whether large-scale feeds will ever be helpful to human readers, I
doubt it with
passion. It's merely a bot/harvester element.

Best Wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymity - established 2001, Google Groups
  1:15pm  up 58 days 23:24,  7 users,  load average: 0.38, 0.30, 0.18