[wp-hackers] Zombies aimed at WordPress [s]

Frederic de Villamil fdevillamil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 14:36:20 GMT 2005

Whichever plugin you use, remember this: as long as it either use php and the
sql database or htaccess or any other resource like this, in case of serious
attack (hundreds or thousands simultaneously), your server will certainly run
out of memory, crash, or even reboot if it was not perfectly to handle such a
traffic.

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:30:12 +1000, John Ha [c] wrote
> i used to use referrer-bouncer plugin, but then i needed separate plugins
> for comment spam. now bad-behaviour catches all these before a page
> is requested.
>
> if it seems i'm pushing bad-behaviour so much, it's because i'm sick
> of spammers.
>
> if more people used this or a similar technique that blocks page
> access from spambots, it'd make a big difference (for legit users
> and spammers - depending on perspective) imho.
>
> john ha

Hey mr Money, I can be your honey,
It's just us three, champaign, you and me!
http://www.eretzvaju.org