[wp-hackers] Referrer Spam [s]

Mon Oct 10 12:31:07 GMT 2005

Try: http://www.ioerror.us/software/bad-behavior/

John Ha.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Thomas" <mpt at myrealbox.com>
To: <wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Referrer Spam

> On 10 Oct, 2005, at 12:41 AM, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >
> > Has anybody come across plenty of referral spam recently? Sex and
> > pills from Tonga in particular?
>
> "...a massive Referrer Spam attack is ongoing (and apparently not just
> against my site), with dozens of distinct IP addresses trying to stuff
> my server logs with links to blue-pill Tonga subdomains: buy.to,
> get.to, dive.to, hey.to, drop.to, etc."
> <http://the.taoofmac.com/space/blog/2005-10-07.19%3A18>
>
> "Now I've seen some referrer spam in the logs before, one or two a day
> nothing major, but this constituted something more akin to a total
> onslaught." <http://heksie.co.za/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=91>
>
> --
> Matthew Paul Thomas
> http://mpt.net.nz/

------------------------ [ SECURITY NOTICE ]
------------------------
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com.
digitally signed this message on 10 October 2005 at 12:32:20 UTC.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
------------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ]
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjh3cC1oYWNrZXJzQGxpc3RzLmF1dG9tYXR0aWMuY29tAG1haWxpb
mctbGlzdHNAbmV0c3BhY2UubmV0LmF1AGVtYWlsIGJvZHkA7QMAAHwAfAAAAAEAAABUX0
pD7QMAAK0CAAIAAgACACAe5TcBbmIU6owNe1xZd/iId1LWxoic0s8JYnXeBrMqZgEAoH7
uzw9IZPyJ563ZYHUtH1HUo9KSbjEaKJV3swG1UnqFUviD4xtyQMuOHwJsASGVhRL38ved
G2JcRmNRUB+uT000va17U2lnRW5k