[wp-hackers] 2-3 plugins

Jon Abad jonabad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 16:13:19 GMT 2005

Pete,
80% browser share for IE is a commonly thrown about number based on some
averages done by the large web stat firms.
Don't distract yourself with things like "On my site IE isn't #1"
because your friends could all be on Macs and prefer Safari or be
luddites and prefer Lynx. Who knows. Each site is different.

Enough opinion, let's throw out some stats:

Date reported, Market share, and reporting firm:
09-23-05      88.46%      WebSideStory
11-02-05      85.45%      OneStat
09-02-05      86.87%      NetApplications
10-11-05      85.09%      Janco Associates

 From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer#Usage_share

Finally, a word from that learned scholar Homer Simpson:

 *Kent: *Mr. Simpson, how do you respond to the charges that petty
       vandalism such as graffiti is down eighty percent, while heavy
       sack-beatings are up a shocking nine hundred percent?
*Homer: *Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent.
       Forfty percent of all people know that.
 *Kent: *I see.

Jon Abad