[wp-hackers] 1.5.2 or on to 1.6?

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sun May 22 08:01:43 GMT 2005

Il Sat, 21 May 2005 13:12:23 -0700, Matthew Mullenweg
<m at mullenweg.com> scrive:

>I wanted some community feedback on where we should go next with
>development. There are basically two directions we could go right now,
>one is to a 1.5.2 release which focuses on incremental changes and
>improvements to the very-solid 1.5 base, or we could start working on
>adding some major functionality changes for a 1.6 release. (I realize
>this could happen at the same time, I don't think we should branch
>development.)

I would like to se WP moving from 1.5.1 to 2.0, making clear that dev
team will take as long as necessary to develop it without givin' any
realease date or one really in the future to avoid what happened with
1.5.

I think this time 2.0 alpha showuldn't be made available trough
nyghtly, making forum people fighting with the nightmare of users that
complain aboutt last nightly bugs, better to set up a significant base
of alpha and beta tester making WP 2.0 public only from advanced beta
to RC.

I would care about theme and plugin developper to make them know about
changes long time before the realese of 2.0 to allow them having
enough time to adapt they plugins/theme if necessary.

Just my 2 cent

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)